The McIDE-CF is the easiest way to add parallel advanced technology attachment (PATA) and CompactFlash devices to Micro Channel Architecture (MCA) bus systems. The McIDE-CF uses the open-source extended technology integrated drive electronics universal basic input output system (XTIDE Universal BIOS or XUB) to allow you to easily connect a variety of CompactFlash, integrated drive electronics (IDE), enhanced integrated drive electronics (EIDE), and advanced technology attachment packet interface (ATAPI) compatible devices to your system.
- 16-bit data transfer speeds and is fully compatible with the IBM® MCA bus interface.
- Two IDE channels support up to two IDE and two CompactFlash devices in a variety of configurations.
- Can coexist with other storage devices and adapter interface cards such as small computer serial interface (SCSI) and enhanced small disk interface (ESDI).
- Removable and programmable 32 kilobyte erasable programmable read-only memory (EPROM) containing the XUB.
- Onboard light emitting diode (LED) that illuminates during data transfer. The system hard disk indicator lamp (if equipped) will also illuminate during data transfer.
- Standard AMP power connector providing +12 volts, +5 volts, and ground.
- Configurable channel interrupt request (none, IRQ 10, IRQ 11, IRQ 14, or IRQ 15)).
- A modified version of the XUB to support PS/2 systems. Do not flash a version of the XUB to the EPROM that has not been modified to support the McIDE adapter.
- Virtual serial disk drive support.
- Support for two McIDE/McIDE-CF adapters supporting 8 devices.